Friday, February 29, 2008

Farewell to CMG

Thirteen years ago tomorrow I joined a consultancy company called CMG. When I went for the interview I'd never heard of it but the interview process impressed me. Fortunately things worked out well and I've been with the company ever since. In 2003 we merged with another consultancy, Logica, to become LogicaCMG. Until Wednesday, when the name was reverted back to Logica.

This makes sense in many ways. More people had heard of Logica than had heard of CMG, although the separate companies had been of equivalent size. And it was a bit of a mouthful - even I had taken to calling us plain Logica. But it is a sad moment. CMG was a special sort of company; people define themselves by the fact that they worked for CMG, even if they left the company years ago. And that's why several hundred ex-CMGers - because we are all ex-CMGers now - are descending on a pub in London to mark the passing of the name in the traditional CMG style. Cheers!

1 comment:

Niall said...

Hey have a good night, some good beer, some excellent reminiscences and don't do anything the founders wouldn't have done

Niall