Friday, October 09, 2009

Speaking at Open World 2009

All the leaves are brown and the sky is grey. Which hackneyed line can only mean one thing: OpenWorld 2009 is upon us. I have applied for Bloggers' credentials so it occurred to me that I had better resume posting, in case anybody checks up on these things.

One of the reasons why I haven't blogged anything recently is that I have been working hard on my presentation. My talk is called Designing PL/SQL with Intent (seats still available!). I haven't coded any PL/SQL for work this year, which ironically has given me time to actually think about it. My session is concerned with building PL/SQL APIs and doesn't really touch on the internals (I'll leave that to Tom, Bryn and Steven). Because I am talking about design, I have spent an inordinate amount of time of the look of my slide deck. So this recent Dilbert cartoon was a little too close to the bone....
Dilbert.com

I'm in the Oracle Develop event. My slot is 13:15 on Sunday, less than twenty-four hours after I land at SFO. So I will probably still really jetlagged. But at least I'll get it over with, so I can relax and enjoy the rest of the week.

2 comments:

Tim... said...

Hi.

I've got your session in my schedule. It will be good to hook up with you again. Long time no see.

Cheers

Tim...

Ken Sampat said...

Hello Andrew,
You and other OpenWorld attendees may find it easier to plan their visit by importing the session agendas into their calendars. We have kept the calendar files at http://www.poseeq.com/conf.html
Good luck with your presentation.
Thank you.
Ken.
www.poseeq.com.